Today’s review is for the Chicken Fingers as well as BBQ and Buffalo Sauce from Steak ‘n Shake.
Help Support TheReportOfTheWeek With Patreon – http://bit.ly/1Q2g9zX
Man found asleep at the wheel in Steak-N-Shake drive-thru
Drunken Driving, Cascade Crossing: A Honolulu man, 44, was arrested on suspicion of drunken driving Oct. 27 after he was found asleep at the wheel in the drive-thru at Steak-N-Shake. He had his foot on the brake pedal with the car in reverse. After officers woke up the man, he took his foot off the brake pedal, and the car rolled backwards into a police cruiser.
The man admitted to drinking throughout the day but couldn’t recall when he had his last drink.
Man accidentally shoots self in head in St. Louis Steak ‘n Shake drive-thru
ST. LOUIS • A man accidentally shot himself in the head while in the drive-thru lane of a St. Louis Steak ‘n Shake Saturday afternoon, police said.
The man survived and was taken to a hospital. His condition was not available, but police said he was stable.
Officers were called to the Steak ‘n Shake at 1253 Hampton Avenue about 4 a.m. Saturday, according to police. They found a man with a gunshot wound to the head.
Investigators determined the man, 28, had somehow accidentally shot himself while inside a vehicle in the drive-thru lane, St. Louis police said. The department did not release any other information about how the shooting happened or say whether anyone else was in the car.
EDITOR’S NOTE: An earlier version of this story gave an incorrect time for the incident.
Officials: No health violations found at Steak ‘n Shake after Facebook complaint
No health code violations were found at Lynchburg’s Steak ‘n Shake on Tuesday following a viral Facebook post about kitchen conditions there.
Environmental health manager Steve Simpson, with Virginia Central Department of Health Central Virginia District, said an inspector went to the restaurant at about noon Tuesday following a Facebook complaint.
Simpson said the inspector found two violations that included an ice cream scoop not stored in running water and a faulty back door.
A Facebook post falsely accused the restaurant of serving old food, having an unclean grill station and a number of other violations.
“If we had found any of that, we would have shut that down real quick,” Simpson said.
A different Facebook complaint led the health department to also visit the restaurant Sept. 6, Simpson said.
No violations were found during that inspection.
“The customer complaint was more about customer service,” Simpson said. “There was a picture of a few napkins on the floor …”
During the September visit, Simpson said the health department worked with management to establish a cleaning schedule.
Review conducted by TheReportOfTheWeek.
October 27th, 2016.